Category: New Media
What To Do Where To Go QatarCategory: New Media
Duration of Position: 1 year
Work Schedule: Full Time
Dynamic travel and living website in Qatar seeks ambitious and talented contract writer.
Have you ever wanted to live abroad? Taste and experience a new culture while paying off your college loan? We're looking for a seasoned traveler who’s passionate about the Middle East to join our new website. The position is a one-year contract based in Doha, Qatar with the possibility of extension depending on performance.
• Be a foodie: restaurant reviews are a staple
• Be adventurous: camel rides and sand duning are just the beginning
• Be a social media guru: can you get the message out there?
• Be affable: you’ll be meeting lots of new people
Skills Sets Sought:
• Professional writing: precise grammar & engaging voice; humour helps
• Decent photography
• Web publishing
• Sound research: journalistic standards & fact-checking protocol essential
• Ability to work rapidly & independently
• Developing, writing content on activities around Qatar
• Uploading articles, pictures onto website
• Promoting content using social media
How To Apply:
Send a cover letter, CV and up to five writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use this format in the subject line: Freelance Writer – ¬Your Name
Deadline To Apply: None
Posted: 07/15/2012 - 01:51 a.m.
Modified: 07/15/2012 - 11:36 a.m.
Posting a Job or Internship:
If you have a job or internship posting you want included in the J-JOBS database, please use the Job Submission Form. There is no charge.
We try to post jobs and internships as they come in, but in some cases we post them once a week on Sunday evening or Monday morning. Job postings are removed after about 30 days. Internship postings are generally considered permanent (we'll try and re-verify them every year). Some positions listed may already be filled.
No attempt has been made to verify any of the information in any of the job postings. J-JOBS is a free service to the journalism community by the Graduate School of Journalism at the University of California at Berkeley.
To request corrections to the J-Jobs database, contact Jobs Coordinator.