Art Animal is a magazine that publishes a delicious sampling of women’s off-kilter art every week. Our mission is to inspire pride and interest in the works of women, while entertaining our readership with witty articles about unusual local events and people. Neither “sassy” nor “man-hater” describes what our magazine is about. We do not give dating advice or complain about our boyfriends. Our magazine is limited to—or, rather, filled with—amazing projects thought up by women because, frankly, we just don’t see enough of it. There is plenty of wonderful work being done by women in the world that is often overlooked. We’re here to turn the spotlight toward them.
To get a better feel of what we publish, please visit our new website:
If you feel like women's stuff isn't recognized enough, have a sophisticated way of writing, and are naturally curious to find interesting stories in the wide world, and then we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for writers who are interested in contributing to one or more of the following: interviews/profiles, film/music/theater/art reviews, news updates, and fiction. If you want to try your hand at everything, we would be happy to accommodate you!
The chosen applicant(s) will:
• Post a minimum of 4 articles every month on deadline. (Pitches are welcome though we have plenty of fun story ideas waiting to be written).
• Respond promptly to emails and correspondence.
• Contribute to marketing/advertising initiatives. (We want people to read your stuff!!)
• Write a special feature story. This will be a longer piece that you can pitch at the beginning of the internship and polish over the full three months.
- Strong writing/editing skills
- Basic Wordpress skills
- Interest in any and all art
- Ability to work independently and handle constructive feedback from the editor
- Passion for creating high quality pieces
How To Apply:
A brief cover letter explaining your background and why you are interested in writing for Art Animal
Three clips (if you do not have clips, please send a review of the latest movie you have seen)
A Top 5 list of your favorite female artists (including film directors, painters, writers, etc.)
Send all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the subject line: Editorial Intern Application.
|Anywhere||Anywhere||$0||3 months||July 31, 2012|
- Created On: 07/06/2012 - 01:48 p.m.
- Modified On: 07/06/2012 - 09:39 p.m.