VillageScholar.org is a forum for educators, parents, and students to share ideas, strategies, as well as personal experiences, about teaching, parenting, and mentoring children in at-risk communities. The site features articles and multimedia from professional journalists and writers as well as its community members. Village Scholar is seeking a Summer Editor in Chief. This is a paid position
Summer Editor and Chief
Village Scholar is seeking a “Summer Editor in Chief “ to prepare for it’s launch in September 2012. This person will play a leading role in developing Village Scholar’s editorial vision and community as well as its business operations. The Summer Editor in Chief’s primary responsibly is to cultivate, manage, and approve content submissions from journalists, educators, academics, and community members. The Summer Editor in Chief will also produce original content as needed.
This opportunity will provide an up and coming journalist or editor an opportunity to further develop their managerial skills, develop deep relationships with education and public policy, and gain notoriety. Based on performance and momentum the Summer Editor in Chief generates, the role could become a permanent staff position
• Ability to motivate and inspire others
• Prior experience managing journalists or content creators at a college or professional publication
• Superior writing and editing skills
• A demonstrated interest in education, public policy, and at risk children
• Experience developing or managing Word Press sites and/or basic web design skills are a plus
How To Apply:
email Daniel Fountenberry at email@example.com
|New York||New York||negotiable||3 months||July 7, 2012|
- Created On: 06/26/2012 - 04:02 p.m.
- Modified On: 06/26/2012 - 07:00 p.m.