Category: New Media
UrbanDaddyCategory: New Media
Location: San Francisco
Work Schedule: Full Time
We are seeking a full-time Associate Editor for the San Francisco edition of UrbanDaddy.
As Associate Editor, you will work hand in hand with our SF Editor on coming up with relevant ideas, setting the editorial calendar, and producing a daily story that shares what’s new, exciting and essential related to: food, nightlife, style, gear, entertainment, cultural events and leisurely pursuits. You’ll also be given the enormous privilege (and responsibility) of representing the UD brand in San Francisco.
This is a fantastic opportunity to grow an edition of a national digital lifestyle magazine and help expand an established brand.
You’ll also be working closely with the New York team that publishes daily, covering nightlife, restaurants, style and entertainment.
The right candidate will possess:
• Bachelor’s degree – Journalism or English preferred, but not required
• 2-3 years of experience at an established publication (*but not necessary if you have a natural talent and passion for writing with wit and the ability to learn the UrbanDaddy voice... in which case, just write us a brief cover letter that explains and displays this)
• An undying love for San Francsico (specifically in the areas of food, nightlife and entertainment)
• A love (and knack) for sourcing interesting and ahead-of-the-curve content
• A strong understanding of the UD voice and brand
• A sharp and witty sense of humor that shines through in writing
• A desire to be involved with an entrepreneurial company
• Talent, plain and simple
How To Apply:
Please follow this link to our online application. You will be asked to fill out a quick questionnaire after submitting your cover letter and resume. http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?cj=oqMoWfwg&s=schools
Deadline To Apply: None
Phone: 212-929-7950 ex 149
Posted: 06/22/2012 - 12:58 p.m.
Modified: 06/23/2012 - 02:34 p.m.
Posting a Job or Internship:
If you have a job or internship posting you want included in the J-JOBS database, please use the Job Submission Form. There is no charge.
We try to post jobs and internships as they come in, but in some cases we post them once a week on Sunday evening or Monday morning. Job postings are removed after about 30 days. Internship postings are generally considered permanent (we'll try and re-verify them every year). Some positions listed may already be filled.
No attempt has been made to verify any of the information in any of the job postings. J-JOBS is a free service to the journalism community by the Graduate School of Journalism at the University of California at Berkeley.
To request corrections to the J-Jobs database, contact Jobs Coordinator.