San Francisco, CA
About the Organization
Energy Innovation is a small energy and environmental consulting firm established in February of 2012. We have expertise in energy technologies (including efficiency improvements and renewable energy), atmospheric and climate change science, and energy and environmental policy. We work to promote the development of energy efficiency measures and low or zero-carbon energy technologies in the United States and overseas. We do this by (1) providing quality information and research to policymakers and other important decision makers free of charge, and (2) performing research and crafting insightful written and other media materials to educate the public on energy and environmental issues. We work with policymakers, NGOs, and other organizations to help them achieve their goals.
Energy Innovation seeks a self-motivated and entrepreneurial Communications Associate with excellent writing skills to provide communications and research support to Energy Innovation’s clients and partners. The Communications Associate will be responsible for developing a suite of written materials, including policy papers, op-eds, blog postings, and letters to clients. This position will also play a lead role in developing and maintaining Energy Innovation’s website and blog. The Communications Associate will lead our communications efforts in new media, such as Twitter, the blogosphere, and other tools, and will be responsible for developing video materials and compelling PowerPoint shows. In addition to excellent writing and media talents, strong candidates will demonstrate exceptional self-management skills and an ability to anticipate and respond to the needs of a small startup organization. The ideal candidate will also have skills in graphic design. This is an excellent opportunity for a young professional seeking exposure to work with policymakers, scientists, and innovators at the forefront of energy technology. The Communications Associate will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Communications Associate will perform the following and other duties as assigned:
* Support the Chief Executive Officer and other staff in drafting and editing written materials, including policy papers, letters to government officials, blog entries, press releases, reports to our funders, and op-eds.
* Produce summary memos, reports, articles, and presentations.
* Develop and implement Energy Innovation’s communications strategy through a wide variety of media.
* Maintain and update Energy Innovation’s website; design and manage the editorial process for website content.
* Manage Energy Innovation’s blog, contributing regular postings and managing the postings of the Energy Innovation team.
* Assist with production and quality control of all work products.
Compensation and Location
This position will be located in San Francisco, California. Energy Innovation offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience.
The successful applicant will have the following minimum qualifications:
* 2+ years of professional experience and/or demonstrated talent in writing and communications
* Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with a superior academic record (writing, environmental science, and/or policy coursework preferred)
* Exceptional writing, editing, and communications skills
* Experience writing for a variety of media, including web, print publications, and briefing papers
* Demonstrated facility with information technology, including the ability to learn new technologies with minimal training
* Experience and demonstrated skill in web development, including HTML and CSS, desirable
* Experience in PHP and at least one content management system (e.g., Wordpress or Joomla) also preferred
* Familiarity with and interest in communicating with the public through social media
* Proficiency in graphic design or experience managing contractors in the design and production of graphics
* Basic understanding of energy technology and climate science
* A high level of diplomacy and pragmatism
* Patience, poise, and confidence in interacting with diverse personalities
* Creativity, self-motivation, and an entrepreneurial spirit
* Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
* Ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
* Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, and multi-task
* Passion for environmental issues and a commitment to Energy Innovation’s mission
How To Apply:
This position will remain open until filled. To be considered for this position, interested candidates must follow the link below to submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.
Inquiries received via phone call or direct email will not be eligible for review.
Energy Innovation LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
CEA Recruiting works with leading environmental nonprofits, foundations, and businesses to recruit top talent and design effective organizational staffing strategies. For more information, visit www.cearecruiting.com.
|Unknown||Aug. 1, 2012|
- Web site:
- Created On: 06/20/2012 - 12:56 p.m.
- Modified On: 06/20/2012 - 02:14 p.m.