QUALITY SERVICE SAFETY
We're Healthcare at its Best
The very factors that drive Hackensack University Medical Center to national success are the same ones that drive America's best to us. Employees who value quality, service, and who are energized by career advancement.
An experienced writer who will focus on preparation of grant proposals and other Foundation communications which includes but is not exclusive to Foundation newsletters, solicitation letters, speaking points for leadership personnel, letters of inquiry, gift acknowledgments, donor correspondence and marketing briefs, website, as directed. This individual will also play a key role in stewarding grants received by preparing progress reports, and other duties assigned by senior leaders.
Essential Generic Job Functions (List in order of importance):
1. Gains a complete understanding of the program for which he/she is requesting funding. To do this the writer will interview key people in the organization and perform comprehensive research into the project
2. Writes grant applications that display meticulous grammar and spelling.
3. Serves as an interdisciplinary team member.
4. Prepares speaking points and briefings for key board leadership and other leaders as directed.
5. Charged with production of Foundation’s 8-page newsletter which encompasses all aspects of the Foundation’s fundraising efforts. Writes copy, edits copy, participates in donor interviews and serves as liaison with a production company in the copy, layout, and mailing and distribution.
6. Prepares solicitation letters and sales materials for unrestricted and restricted giving initiatives.
7. Engages in face to face or telephone conversations with grant making organizations when necessary.
8. Prepares stewardship reports.
9. Conducts research using internet, journals and other sources to prepare complete proposals
PART TIME DAYS
Join us by visiting humccareers.com and applying online.
HACKENSACK UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER
When You Feel Good, We Feel Good.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering a smoke free environment.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication or other related field and/or
5+ years experience of significant grant writing and communications experience preferably within a nonprofit health related organization.
Demonstrated success in private foundation grant writing.
Exceptional organizational skills with ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
Excellent writing and copy editing skills.
Familiarity with electronic databases, internet, email and prospective research
How To Apply:
DO NOT use the Apply Online button. Please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar:
|Hackensack||NJ||Competitive||July 15, 2012|
- Created On: 06/16/2012 - 05:18 a.m.
- Modified On: 06/16/2012 - 10:59 a.m.