The Daily MochaCategory: Magazines-Newsletters
State: New York
Duration of Position: To Be Determined
The Daily Mocha™ is the world's first "mega-magazine" for sophisticated divas who enjoy perspectives from various sources. Daily Mocha Divas--like you--are interested in a variety of news, from Beyonce's hairdo to Lady Gaga's album to George Clooney's movie to emerging African & Latina actors.
You like Vogue, and you like TheYBF. You like $5 manicures and you wouldn't mind a first-class flight. You're not someone else's summary of you. You're complex. You're chic. You're cultured. We get you. And, every day, on this site, you'll get all your fave mags in one place!®
The chosen applicant(s) will:
• Post a minimum of 3 curated articles daily on weekdays and/or weekends to The Daily Mocha website as assigned by the managing editor.
• Respond promptly to emails and correspondents from management team
• Write opinion editorial articles as required by the Editor-in-chief
• Contribute to marketing/advertising initiatives
• Special Project (to be determined)
The preferred applicant(s) will:
• Have a working knowledge of Word Press
• Have strong editing and proofreading skills
• Be able to take on multiple tasks at once
• Be able to work independently and operate with little supervision
• Be able to maintain a regular daily posting schedule as assigned by the managing editor
• Have basic to intermediate knowledge of advertising strategies and website design
How To Apply:
Please email a current copy of your resume and answers to the following questions to NaTonia Trammell, managing editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application questions (required):
1. TDM is a daily newsroom that will require consistency in article posting. Our internships are self-directed and allow interns to work remotely. For that reason, we seek only interns that are diligent enough to fulfill their tasks independently and in a timely manner. How confident are you that you will be able to fulfill our requirement for consistency during your internship?
2. How careful are you with spelling and grammar? (If you have any published clips, please include).
3. Please describe any experience you have with Word Press.
4. Why are you interested in this position?
Please forward all inquiries and/or resumes to NaTonia Trammell at email@example.com
Deadline To Apply: None
Web site: http://www.thedailymocha.com/
Posted: 06/14/2012 - 01:17 p.m.
Modified: 06/14/2012 - 03:57 p.m.
Posting a Job or Internship:
If you have a job or internship posting you want included in the J-JOBS database, please use the Job Submission Form. There is no charge.
We try to post jobs and internships as they come in, but in some cases we post them once a week on Sunday evening or Monday morning. Job postings are removed after about 30 days. Internship postings are generally considered permanent (we'll try and re-verify them every year). Some positions listed may already be filled.
No attempt has been made to verify any of the information in any of the job postings. J-JOBS is a free service to the journalism community by the Graduate School of Journalism at the University of California at Berkeley.
To request corrections to the J-Jobs database, contact Jobs Coordinator.