For 35 years, Corporate Accountability International has successfully challenged corporations like Nestlé, General Electric, and Philip Morris to halt abusive practices that threaten human rights, public health, the environment and our democracy. The organization is expanding—and leading campaigns challenging some of the world’s most powerful industries from food and agriculture to water and Big Tobacco. Think Outside the Bottle exposes the truth behind bottled water marketing and defends the human right to water in the face of increasing corporate control and Public Water Works! galvanizes support for public water systems. Value [the] Meal challenges the fast food industry to stop driving an epidemic of diet-related disease and helps build a more sustainable food system. Our campaign to Challenge Big Tobacco protects the first-ever corporate accountability treaty from tobacco industry interference.
The Online Organizer is a part of the organization’s communications team and is responsible for managing Corporate Accountability International’s growing web and email programs. The Online Organizer works closely with the organization’s campaigns staff to generate grassroots activity from online activists on each of our campaigns areas. The Online Organizer also works with our development team and drives the online fundraising programs, raising financial resources to challenge corporate power. This is a great fit for a candidate with a background in online organizing or web management who would thrive in an enthusiastic and campaign-oriented atmosphere.
• Manage the organization’s email program, including participation in drafting, editing and proofing; managing the email schedule and approval; as well as uploading and segmenting emails.
• Coordinate with the campaigns and development teams to increase impact through online organizing strategies.
• Maintain the organization’s web presence, including social media, managing hosting, domain purchase and renewal; and interface with CMS provider.
• Maintain and develop a master content calendar for all web priorities.
• Create, develop and manage content for the organization’s web presence.
• Manage web projects across units.
• Stay informed on emerging online technologies through relevant blogs, listservs, trainings and events.
• Track, report, and analyze all email and site metrics, using data to improve site and email performance.
• Participate in organization-wide planning, fundraising and campaign activities.
• Demonstrated commitment to social justice and progressive social change.
• At least two years of experience in online organizing, fundraising or web site management.
• Experience developing and executing data-driven online engagement and fundraising plans.
• Experience with CRM’s and CMS’s, ideally Salsa, Raisers Edge and Drupal experience.
• Strong facilitation and project management skills.
• Solid writing and editing skills.
• Ability to work in a team setting.
How To Apply:
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Online Organizer is accountable to the Managing Director of Communications.
TO APPLY: Email letter of interest, résumé and three to five references to Sarah Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Corporate Accountability International is an equal opportunity employer and an inclusive organization.
People of color, women, and GLBTQ people are strongly encouraged to apply.
|Campaign Headquarters, Boston, MA.||MA||Commensurate with experience, with a generous benefits package.||Full-time preferred||Full Time||July 25, 2012|
- Created On: 06/11/2012 - 01:38 p.m.
- Modified On: 06/11/2012 - 03:39 p.m.