Category: New Media
New Media Film Maker + Reporter
Outrajus.comCategory: New Media
Location: Redwood City, CA
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience and current salary history
WHO WE NEED?
A new media film maker/reporter with a great attitude and desire to make things happen.
WHAT IS OUTRAJUS.COM?
Everyday . . . heinous and outrageous acts are committed against those in our society who lack the financial, educational and/or political resources to defend themselves. Outrajus.com gives these individuals a platform to tell their stories to more effectively pursue justice. Story supporters are motivated to lend their financial and political influence because they’re drawn in by the darkly entertaining nature of the stories being told while simultaneously being provided an easy and direct path to address the issues that most greatly resonate with them. Outrajus is currently in stealth-mode, based in Redwood City, CA and founded by a serial entrepreneur, Stanford MBA and former Googler
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Responsibilities will include going on video shoots and interviews, conducting research, digital online editing and publishing of videos for the website. You will essentially be sourcing and developing the format for the website’s first 15 - 25 video self-published stories on the website.
- Able to multi-task and operate elegantly in a fast paced environment
- You should be able to edit on Avid or Final Cut Pro non-linear editing systems
- Must be a sharp writer AND editor/copy editor for web based publication
- Must have a basic understanding of SEO and social media
- Must be able to work flexible hours as needed including weekend and evening hours
- Must be an organized and self motivated
- Must have endless energy and ideas for high-quality, creative and reliable content
- Perform some administrative tasks in support of the team, as necessary
- Assist with creation and execution of social media content
- Fierce wit and outside-the-box sensibility
- Must be a strong communicator
- Experience using custom CMS or similar publishing tools a plus
How To Apply:
This position is based in Redwood City. To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org and write "Outrajus" in the subject line. Also include your resume as well as links to any video stories you have produced. [Cover Letters are OPTIONAL]
Deadline To Apply: June 30, 2012
Web site: http://www.outrajus.com/
Posted: 06/11/2012 - 12:19 p.m.
Modified: 06/11/2012 - 12:27 p.m.
Posting a Job or Internship:
If you have a job or internship posting you want included in the J-JOBS database, please use the Job Submission Form. There is no charge.
We try to post jobs and internships as they come in, but in some cases we post them once a week on Sunday evening or Monday morning. Job postings are removed after about 30 days. Internship postings are generally considered permanent (we'll try and re-verify them every year). Some positions listed may already be filled.
No attempt has been made to verify any of the information in any of the job postings. J-JOBS is a free service to the journalism community by the Graduate School of Journalism at the University of California at Berkeley.
To request corrections to the J-Jobs database, contact Jobs Coordinator.