Inside Advertising Sales Representative
Evansville Courier Company has an opening for a full-time inside sales representative/cashier in its classified advertising department.
The successful candidate will be primarily involved in telephone sales with commission compensation in addition to an hourly base pay but will also handle cash transactions at our service counter.
The hours for this position are noon to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The inside sales representative receives incoming phone calls from established advertising clients and the general public, makes telephone contact with established clients, and makes sales presentations via telephone to potential business clients throughout the Tri-State. The sales representative's goal is to successfully facilitate the presentation and sale of goods via the Tri-State's most prominent and successful sales medium; to help make our clients successful whether they're offering a yard sale, a used car, a business service or a home for sale.
The preferred candidate will have completed some college in marketing, communications, or a related field of study, posess pleasing and confident phone skills, work well independently and as a reliable team member, and sincerely maintain the clients' success as a top priority every day.
We offer an attractive pay package that includes base pay plus commissions and a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k), holidays, liberal vacations and much more.
Evansville Courier Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JOB TITLE: Ad Layout Paginator
DEPARTMENT: Advertising - Creative Services, Courier & Press
SUMMARY STATEMENT: Responsible for newspaper layout, classified pagination, assisting in the customer care center and coordinating various reporting functions for other departments from data used in laying out the newspaper. Ultimately responsible for the timely delivery of page dummy layouts to other departments so production and editorial can begin building the newspaper.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Places advertising ads in newspaper layout for daily and Sunday paper, as well as special sections and Magazines.
2. Paginates classifieds section and delivers finished files to Pre-Press.
3. Works with the Editorial department to layout the ROP sections of the newspaper.
4. Communicate with Pressroom, Editorial, Circulation and Advertising departments with critical daily page count and layout data as well as missing content (advertising or editorial).
5. Monitors product manifests and distributes missing ad lists.
6. Ultimately responsible for the successful placement of page files on servers for Pre-pressroom prep work.
7. Work in the Customer Care Center as cashier and/or phone representative as scheduled in the afternoons.
8. Discusses all production problems with his/her manager in detail.
9. May work at the Henderson Gleaner property as needed depending on workflow volumes and staffing requirements.
10. Punctual attendance and dependable transportation a must.
11. Must be accessible after hours as needed for emergency layout changes or corrections.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma or equivalent. Formal training in graphic design or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Working knowledge of both PC and Mac platforms. Experience with Macintosh operating system, InDesign and QuarkXpress, critical. The ability to effectively use email applications (such as Outlook) required. Strong organizational skills and the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment essential, as well as the ability to prioritize and delegate tasks.
SOFTWARE KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS: Working knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel/Power Point, Adobe InDesign and/or QuarkXpress.
DESIRABLE QUALITIES: Must have exceptional customer service and communication skills. Must be attentive to detail, team-oriented, and able to excel in a deadline-oriented environment.
WORKING CONDITIONS/POTENTIAL HAZARDS: General office environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer workstation for long periods.
REPORTS TO: Creative Services Manager
POSITION: Hourly, Full Time, 40 hour work week.
How To Apply:
DO NOT use the Apply Online button. Please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar:
|Evansville||IN||Competitive||Full Time||July 2, 2012|
- Web site:
- Created On: 06/02/2012 - 02:26 a.m.
- Modified On: 06/02/2012 - 05:33 p.m.