This BAY NATURE intern opportunity will allow you to delve into the heart of Bay Area nature and conservation news and contribute to the growing content at Baynature.org.
Bay Nature Magazine is our quarterly, award winning, flagship publication. The Website is an extension of the naturalist spirit of the magazine, and allows us to report on timely news and information to an engaged audience.
We are looking for savvy writers and multimedia producers who know their way around City Hall and can also hit the trails and describe, with just enough flourish, the goings about of a clapper rail or the foliage of a manzanita plant.
You'll be part of an exciting time at Baynature.org this summer with the online development of a Bay Area trail finder, and the launch of a new Website that aims to make this the portal for Bay Area nature news. If you are a nature-lover, we want to hear from you.
* Writing and reporting original stories with the aim to produce one per week and a semester-long reporting project that could be cross promoted in the magazine. Stories may also end up in the publications of our content partners.
* Creating video and audio slideshows, depending on your interests and skill set.
* Participating in social media efforts.
* Strong interest in journalism, nonprofits, and the environment.
* Solid computer and internet research skills.
* Mature, self-motivated, and enterprising.
* Able to work independently.
* Commitment to exploring the natural environment.
How To Apply:
Send a resume, three references, and writing samples (preferably published journalism) to:
Alison Hawkes, online editor: email@example.com
|Berkeley||CA||volunteer||3 months||June 7, 2012|
- Created On: 05/28/2012 - 10:53 a.m.
- Modified On: 05/28/2012 - 09:46 p.m.