ConnectEd: The California Center for College and Career is a non-profit organization located in downtown Berkeley. Our organization works to advance practice, policy, and research aimed at helping young people prepare for college and career. The Center’s primary mission is to support the development of Linked Learning, which allows youth to complete high school, enroll in postsecondary education, attain a formal credential, and embark on lasting success in work, community, and civic affairs. For more information about us, visit www.ConnectEdCalifornia.org.
The Media and Youth Development team offers summer internship opportunities for students interested in learning how digital media can support and sustain our mission of connecting strong academics with real-world experiences for high school students. We’re looking for talented interns who will bring solid skills and creative ideas to our video and web projects.
Media Production Interns will have the opportunity to plan and execute a short-form documentary profiling an industry professional in the Bay Area, and may assist on other production shoots as needed. Interns will also support the development of ConnectEd Studios, an online platform, and assist with light administrative and pre-production tasks. They will also help to log and edit a backlog of video content for ConnectEd Studios.
• Media management
• Website project management
• Proper camera technique
• Video capture and post-production skills
• Video encoding for the web
• Strong interest in documentary storytelling
• Experience and understanding of Digital Video Production process
• Fluent in PC & MAC OSX, Final Cut Pro
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and research skills
• Familiarity with Photoshop, web production a plus
• Knowledge or interest in education a plus
How To Apply:
To apply for the ConnectEd Media Production Internship, please send a letter of intent, your resume listing applicable skills, and a link to your video portfolio to the HR department at HR@connectedcalifornia.org or to the following address:
2150 Shattuck Avenue, Suite 1200
Berkeley, CA 94704
Fax: (510) 841-1076
E-mail submissions preferred. No telephone inquiries please.
|Berkeley||CA||$12 per hour||June - September (flexible)||May 30, 2012|
- Created On: 05/10/2012 - 12:51 p.m.
- Modified On: 05/10/2012 - 04:04 p.m.