Department: Digital – Content
Location: San Francisco
Current Media is the fastest growing cable network in history. Our Emmy-award-winning team delivers in-depth exploration of the world’s most important and entertaining stories to an engaged and interactive audience on-air and online. We are committed to providing our influential adult audience relevant content with the most integrated and immersive multi-platform experience possible.
Current media has smart, dedicated teams in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Europe, and is new viewed in more than 70 million homes worldwide.
Current’s Digital Content team develops original online editorial content to complement and expand our TV programming, including the week-nightly progressive news commentary shows “Viewpoint with Eliot Spitzer”, “The Young Turks with Cenk Uygur” and “The War Room with Jennifer Granholm” and our award-winning documentary series “Vanguard”. We work directly with on-air talent and show producers to create and optimize video, blogs and interactive experiences on Current.com and Current’s social media networks.
As a student intern in our Digital department you will have a unique hands-on learning experience doing the following:
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of the Current.com homepage imagery and copy
- Monitor Current.com newsfeeds and video assets (including tagging and grouping) in order to maximize Search Engine Optimization
- Think strategically and brainstorm with the team about online trends and how to best apply them to original content produced for Current.com
- Contribute original online content as needed, including blogging, Storify posts and image galleries
- Perform some administrative tasks in support of the team, as necessary
- Assist with creation and execution of social media content
- Attend all Digital Content team meetings and Show Production meetings. Your contribution and ideas are encouraged!
- Current enrollment in an accredited college/university and able to earn school credit for your internship at Current
- Must be able to devote 20-40 hours per week
- Basic Adobe Photoshop skills (at minimum, an ability to export media, select and groom images)
- Strong knowledge of online content, social media trends and best practices in the digital space is a big plus
- Experience producing content for web, including blogging and headline writing
- Experience shooting and editing video for the web,
- Excellent writing skills, including experience with blog posts and headlines
- Extremely strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple work streams
- Passion for political news commentary and documentary journalism a plus
How To Apply:
If you’re looking for a rewarding opportunity and a great work environment, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the position you’re applying for in the subject line. Please tell us where you saw this position and the semester you are applying for. All internships are unpaid.
|118 King Street, San Francisco||CA||unpaid||Summer semester||None|
- Created On: 04/30/2012 - 10:59 a.m.
- Modified On: 04/30/2012 - 11:27 a.m.