Category: New Media
Associate Editor, News
TuneInCategory: New Media
Location: Palo Alto, ca
We are looking for Associate Editors to review, edit, and maintain our catalogue of 50,000+ stations and 1.2 million shows, which are distributed to millions of users across 150 products—web, mobile, home devices and even auto in-dash receivers. Associate Editors will also work on projects to curate new, unique, and special event content to keep the user experience fresh and dynamic. This is an entry-level position with lots of room to grow, and it’s an exciting time to join our team.
News editors will focus on expanding our offering of news content. When you apply, be sure to let us know your favorite news outlets, US-based or otherwise!
- Find new sources of content for TuneIn to index
- Update existing directory listings in accordance with TuneIn’s category and styles guides
- Identify trends and upcoming events to feature
- Regularly monitor a variety of sources and products for breaking news and features
- Pitch content and product features
- A graduate or current student of an accredited university
- Heavy consumer of audio content—particularly news, editorial, and feature content
- Strong record of academic achievement
- Passion for current events
- Strong understanding of the media landscape
- Able to telecommute
- Proficiency with the web and mobile devices
- Quick learner, able to pick up new technologies and platforms with ease
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong appreciation for content creation
How To Apply:
Please visit http://tunein.com/careers to apply.
Deadline To Apply: None
Web site: http://www.tunein.com/careers
Posted: 10/26/2011 - 05:33 p.m.
Modified: 10/27/2011 - 10:27 a.m.
Posting a Job or Internship:
If you have a job or internship posting you want included in the J-JOBS database, please use the Job Submission Form. There is no charge.
We try to post jobs and internships as they come in, but in some cases we post them once a week on Sunday evening or Monday morning. Job postings are removed after about 30 days. Internship postings are generally considered permanent (we'll try and re-verify them every year). Some positions listed may already be filled.
No attempt has been made to verify any of the information in any of the job postings. J-JOBS is a free service to the journalism community by the Graduate School of Journalism at the University of California at Berkeley.
To request corrections to the J-Jobs database, contact Jobs Coordinator.