Smart People Solving Hard Problems. The world’s critical and intriguing problems demand solutions that are startlingly different. Where is this type of challenge and thinking to be found? At SAIC, the FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that is working to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world.
The Operations, Intelligence and Security Business Unit is looking for for a Technical Writer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring technical system documentation is completed for the information technology (IT) programs managed by the Government customer. Specific duties include:
- Researching requirements and interviewing internal and external subject matter experts in order to develop and maintain system technical documentation.
- Drafting documents, sending documents through review cycles, updating documents, and overseeing documents through the release process.
- Working with training services to ensure training programs can be developed from technical documentation.
- Other job related duties as assigned by the customer.
Consider joining the ranks of SAIC’s 45,000 employees who are committed to success and innovation. For immediate consideration, please submit your resume online. ©2009 SAIC. All rights reserved. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility with a current SSBI. Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science, English or Journalism, or other related discipline with 3+ years experience. Demonstrated ability to proactively interview program developers and subject matter experts required to develop program documentation. Excellent team and communication skills. Must be detail-oriented. Strong working knowledge of MS Office products. Able to travel.
Strong technical background and experience working with IT systems and solutions. Experience writing commercial grade software technical manuals.
How To Apply:
DO NOT use the Apply Online button. Please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar:
- Web site:
- Created On: 11/20/2009 - 05:27 a.m.
- Modified On: 11/20/2009 - 08:09 p.m.