Social Media Intensive
Social Media. This mashup has already changed world history, businesses, elections, courtship and virtually every aspect of our lives. As citizens we are more connected by being active on Social Media and we are more isolated if we do not participate. Our businesses do not have a survival choice. Any SMB that ignores Social is threatened. Failure is likely. Weakness is assured. The importance of Social Media for businesses—like change in our society—is accelerating. The next two years will see major changes to our local social fabric. Social Media will define your brand.
Understanding how to apply limited resources is crucial. Smart businesses and service professionals continue to focus on ROI when constructing a strategy. Engagement is budgeted, built, executed and evaluated.
This one-day workshop is focused on the business of social media. You will leave this workshop with real-world skills that you can immediately apply to making your business stronger and more connected. This one-day conference provides a framework for building your own plan based on a new understanding of how Social Media can grow your customer base and increase sales to current customers.
The Social Media Intensive is designed for businesses and professionals who need a strategy for applying social media in a business or professional environment. During the training you will identify Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for your business, how to use demographic information to select social media channels, how to use social media analytics and how to prioritize social media engagement.
As a participant you will:
- Explore Social Media case studies for SMB.
- Create a brand on Social Media.
- Learn to set realistic, measurable Social Media goals.
- Know what's needed to build an effective social media team.
- Learn the skills needed to write a social media policy for your business or organization.
- Understand best practices for using social media platforms for your business.
- Create a Social Media dashboard for monitoring customer engagement.
- Enjoy personalized small class instruction in fully equipped Mac lab.
See more events associated with the New Media department of the J-School.
- Share this event:
Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism
North Gate Hall
View Larger Map & Directions
- Ticket Info:
Ticket phone: (510) 642-3892
Click for additional ticket info
- Event contact:
- More info: