Multimedia Storytelling Institute
The University of California Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism and The Knight Digital Media Center (KDMC) will present a summer Multimedia Storytelling Institute focused on the needs of journalists and communications professionals internationally and the USA. This intensive two-week program provides hands-on training in essential digital media skills.
The Institute is ideal for working journalists and communications professionals interested in a rapid-paced immersive experience in digital media news and information production.
As a participant you will:
- Develop strategies for multimedia story planning, production and delivery using mobile, tablet, and desktop platforms.
- Engage in hands-on field reporting while exploring professional video, photo and mobile techniques.
- Edit visual content using Photoshop and Final Cut Pro X.
- Employ interactive databases, visualizations and maps to tell stories with data.
- Utilize social media for reporting, content distribution and community engagement.
- Return to your organization with a new understanding and appreciation of the technologies changing the storytelling medium, as well as a new set of skills that will make you a fluent, active and engaged Multimedia Rockstar! Additionally, you will leave with an iPad containing the complete training curriculum.
This workshop is fee based. Price for Attendance: $4,999 USD
See more events associated with the New Media department of the J-School.
- Share this event:
Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism
North Gate Hall
View Larger Map & Directions
- Ticket Info:
Ticket phone: (510) 642-3892
Click for additional ticket info
- Event contact:
- More info:
- KDMC Multimedia Storytelling Institute